- 25 mins drive to Napier Airport
- 17 mins drive to Napier City
- 15 mins drive to Havelock
- 20 mins drive to Hastings infamous Sunday market
- 3 min drive (10 min walk) to beach & Te Awanga village
- 5 min drive (15 min walk) to Clearview Winery for lunch
or very good coffee & scones
- 5 min drive (20 min walk) Te Awanga Estate Vineyard
for pizza and wine (summer months only)
- 7 mins drive to Elephant Hill winery and restaurant
- 30 mins drive to white sandy beaches with surf life saving operations
Situated in Te Awanga, Cape Kidnappers, Hawkes Bay, Summerlee is on the doorstep of the 5500-acre station that is home to the famous Cape Kidnappers Golf Course; one of the world’s best. The surrounding area contains many of Hawke’s Bay’s finest wineries and restaurants.
Local beach and river swimming is a short walk away. Gannet Safaris overland and Gannet Beach Adventures leave regularly for Cape Kidnappers at the bottom of the driveway. Extensive cycle ways and bike hire close by or get them dropped off. Napier, 17 mins away, a city destroyed and rebuilt after an earthquake in 1931 is now recognised as one of the most significant Art deco cities in the world. Beautiful long ocean swimming beaches are a 30 minute drive to the south.
Golf courses, trout fishing rivers, paragliding and hot air ballooning are all close by. However it is wise not to organise too much to do outside the gates as once you have unpacked it is highly likely you wont want to leave!